Vinaora Nivo Slider 3.xVinaora Nivo Slider 3.xVinaora Nivo Slider 3.xVinaora Nivo Slider 3.xVinaora Nivo Slider 3.xVinaora Nivo Slider 3.xVinaora Nivo Slider 3.xVinaora Nivo Slider 3.x


Agriculture irrigation water is made available to landholders through facilities within the Quincy Columbia Basin Irrigation District (Q C B I D). Q C B I D receives water from the Columbia Basin Project, a Federal Reclamation Project. The Reclamation Reform Act and Acreage Limitation Rules and Regulations establish terms and conditions for the delivery of irrigation water to owned or leased farmland. Per Federal Reclamation law, until each landholder's status has been determined, the land may not be eligible to receive Reclamation irrigation water.

Land Ownership Responsibilities

The Reclamation Reform Act requires certain landholders to report annually. It is the landholder's responsibility to ensure the information they provide is accurate, and their RRA form properly filed, before they request water delivery. Receipt of irrigation water prior to determination of status could result in additional “early water” fees. Forms and reporting requirements can change over time. We encourage you to stay informed of these changes, and know when the construction component has been satisfied for Irrigation Blocks. This could affect water delivery to your farmland.

Determining your acreage limitation status
  • The determination of your acreage limitation status and reporting requirements is critical to the completion of your RRA reporting. To assist Q C B I D in helping you determine this information, you will need to provide answers to the questions listed below. After you have assembled this information, please schedule a meeting with the Quincy Columbia Basin Irrigation District’s RRA office. You should allow at least an hour for this meeting.
  • How many irrigated acres will you own or operate?
  • Do you own any other irrigated land within a federal project in the 17 west-wide states?
  • Who will be operating the land that you own - you or a lessee?
  • Will there be a land purchase or sale during the current year’s "water season" (usually between March 20 and October 20)?
  • Who currently holds the title to the land? Is the land owned by you, individually, or by an entity such as a Trust, Partnership, Corporation, or Joint Tenancy? If it is owned by a legal entity, who are all the legal officers/participants?
  • Do you have any legal interest in a company, partnership, trust, estate, tenancy, or other legal entity that owns or leases land in this district, or any other district, within the 17 west-wide states? If so, you will need to know the name of that irrigation district.

If you are unsure of the answer to any of these questions, please call your Q C B I D RRA contact, Brenda Poldervart, at (509)787-3591, Ext 225.

Please also visit, a website designed to provide helpful references for general acreage limitation matters.